Annual membership dues: $35
Please make your check out to The Learning Gardens and mail with this form to:
The Learning Gardens, P. O. Box 4435, Oak Park, Il. 60304.
The Learning Gardens is a tax deductible 501(c)3 organization
(IF you know the names of some of the more unusual plants in your front yard, or your very favorite plants, you can list them on the form below. If your garden was professionally designed, please tell us by which firm and the approximate year. They may be very helpful in generating a plant list.)
- Complete access to our interactive website featuring “Tree of the Week”, Front Yard Gardens of the Week”, and “Fruit or Vegetable of the Week”.
- Full Color Yard sign identifying your garden as a member garden of the Botanic Gardens of Oak Park.
- Members only invitations to Saturday morning meet-and-greets at volunteered member gardens for a tour and explanation of that garden. Farmers’ market donuts and Dunkin’ Donuts coffee provided.
A BOTANIC GARDEN
According to the American Public Gardens Association, a Botanic Garden is:
- The garden is open to the public at least on a part-time basis. (24/7/365)
- The garden functions as an aesthetic display, an educational display, or plant research site. (Aesthetic and Educational)
- The garden maintains plant records. (Your combined plant lists)
- The garden has at least one professional staff member (paid or unpaid). (our Director)
- Garden visitors can identify plants through labels, guide maps, or other interpretive material (Information on our website as well as walking tours we will develop for access on smart phones).
Thank you for “growing with us.”